Fairfax Product Liability Lawyer
If a negligent corporation produced a product that left you injured, you might have options available to hold them responsible. Find out by speaking with a Fairfax defective product lawyer.
No one ever really expects to get seriously injured by a defective product that malfunctions suddenly. From airbags to blenders to hot water heaters, we depend on the smooth operation of the products that aid us in our daily lives. If these products don’t work as intended, it can cause physical wounds, illness, and emotional trauma.
If you’ve experienced an accident because of a defective product, you may be facing a long recovery period and high medical bills. You might feel overwhelmed, wondering whom can be held accountable and if there is any way to recover damages for your losses.
A Fairfax product liability lawyer with Priale & Racine, PLLC will have the experience handling defective product cases you need on your side. Our firm can help you recover the monetary compensation you need and deserve.
Who’s at Fault for a Product Defect?
Before a product hits shelves and makes its way into your home, many different people and entities are involved with its production. This also means that there may be multiple parties at fault in your product liability case:
- Designer – If a product was dangerous by design, it never should have been made. The party who designed the product could be found liable.
- Manufacturer – Perhaps a product had sound design, but a manufacturing defect rendered it dangerous for consumers. The manufacturer could be found negligent.
- Marketing Team – If an advertiser knows of a product’s potential for malfunction, it is their responsibility to adequately educate the public as to its safe usage or recall the product.
A Fairfax product liability lawyer from our office can examine each aspect of your case and follow the trail to determine where the problem originated from. Your attorney will work hard to hold the negligent party accountable and get you fair and full compensation.
Injuries Resulting from Defective Products
A defective product poses more than just a minor inconvenience—it can be a serious health hazard. Common injuries resulting from product malfunctions include burns, poisoning, electrocutions, and drowning.
Examples of common defective products include the following:
- Tainted or improperly handled food
- Defective household appliances
- Children’s toys
- Prescription drugs that are later found to have defects
- Car parts, such as faulty brakes, non-deploying airbags, and power-steering malfunctions
- Defective firearms
In order to get a full settlement, we must prove that the product was defective and that the defect caused your injury. Your Fairfax defective product attorney will ensure that you get a settlement that accounts for the many hardships you’ve experienced because of what happened.
Full Compensation for Your Injuries and Losses
A product malfunction can put you in a world of hurt, both physically and financially. After the accident, an insurance company may offer you a low settlement that only accounts for your immediate needs.
You don’t have to accept an inadequate offer, however, and your lawyer will make certain that all your financial hardships are accounted for, including any of the following damages that apply to your case:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and income-earning opportunities
- Funeral costs for a loved one
- Emotional and physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and disfigurement
- Decreased quality of life
Contact a Fairfax Defective Product Lawyer
Justice is possible in the wake of an accident caused by a company’s negligence. Call Priale & Racine, PLLC at 703-272-3922 to speak with an experienced Fairfax product liability lawyer, or simply fill out our online contact form to arrange a free, no-pressure case evaluation.