Alexandria Personal Injury Lawyer
When you’ve been injured because of some else’s error, you deserve compensation to cover your losses and expenses. Make sure you get a full settlement by working with an Alexandria personal injury lawyer.
If you’ve recently been injured in an accident, you know how up-ending the experience can be. An accident can leave you with significant injuries, emotional trauma, and bills that just seem to keep coming. It can be difficult to know the first step to take after such a major, life-disrupting event.
If another person caused your accident, the days and weeks after the event can be especially frustrating. Another car rear-ended you on the highway; a neighbor’s dog attacked; you slipped and fell because a business owner did not properly maintain the property’s premises. While you were not responsible for the accident, you alone may be bearing the burden of your recovery.
You shouldn’t have to walk alone through the aftermath of a catastrophic injury caused by another’s negligence. An Alexandria personal injury lawyer from Priale & Racine, PLLC can work with you so that you get the fair compensation you deserve.
Be Careful with the Insurance Company
The settlement for most personal injury claims usually comes from the at-fault party’s insurance company. In all likelihood, you’ll be contacted by them at some point with a request for a statement or an offer to settle. Think twice before you speak to them, however.
Insurance companies are businesses that value money above all else. In their eyes, your claim is an expense to be reduced and limited. Any settlement offer produced at the outset is likely to be the bare minimum they think they can get you to accept.
Similarly, giving them a statement regarding the accident could put your claim at risk later. If they can, they’ll use anything you say against you, even if they have to take it out of context. Avoid their traps by referring all communication to your Alexandria personal injury lawyer instead. We can handle the negotiations and communications so you don’t have to worry about the games they play.
You Could Seek Compensation for Almost Any Accident
An accident can happen at anytime to anyone. There are many different types of accidents in which you or a loved one may have suffered a personal injury, including:
- Vehicle Accidents – No matter if the accident occurred with a semi-truck, bus, car, motorcycle, or other vehicle, if someone else’s negligence caused your personal injury, you could be entitled to a claim.
- Dog Bites – Virginia follows a “one-bite” rule, meaning that if a dog bites once, the owner is responsible since he or she knew that the dog was aggressive. However, even if you’ve been injured due to a dog’s first bite, evidence could be presented to show that the owner should have restrained the animal.
- Defective Product – Manufacturers have an obligation to provide the public with safe products and to warn the public if their products are later found to be unsafe. Failure to do so can result in serious injury.
- Defamation/Slander/Libel – If you’ve suffered due to someone else’s derogatory remarks or writings about you, you could be entitled to a claim.
- Construction Accidents – Just because you were injured on the job, it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to settle for workers comp. If a third party or willful negligence were involved, you might have the right file a personal injury claim.
- Wrongful Death – Wrongful death suits encompass any death that was caused by another’s negligence, whether it was caused by a construction accident, criminal activity, a vehicle accident, or any other situation.
While the results of your accident cannot be changed, your Alexandria personal injury lawyer will work to get you a full settlement and restore your peace of mind.
Laws Affecting Your Personal Injury Claim
Once you’ve suffered a personal injury, it’s important to seek legal help as soon as possible. Virginia’s statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the accident. If you wait too long, your suit will likely not be heard in court.
Additionally, Virginia follows laws of contributory negligence. This means that if you are found to have contributed to your accident by any measure, however small, you are not entitled to a settlement. This makes it essential to work with an attorney who can fully demonstrate why you weren’t at fault. Your Alexandria personal injury lawyer will work with you to review all aspects of your case in order to determine fault.
You Need Full Compensation
Our firm is aware of all the ways an accident can negatively impact your life, both tangible and intangible. When determining your claim’s worth, your Alexandria personal injury lawyer will take into account all hardships posed by your accident, including the following financial expenses and non-economic losses:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and lost income opportunity
- Home renovations to accommodate a new disability
- Physical or emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
After suffering an injury, the road to recovery and peace of mind can seem impossibly long. Besides causing physical harm, an injury-causing accident can leave you dealing with emotional trauma and in serious financial straits.
If your accident was caused by another person’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to shoulder the burden of your recovery. An Alexandria personal injury lawyer from our office will understand this and will fight to get you every penny you’re owed.
Contact an Alexandria Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, don’t wait until the statute of limitations expires. Contact the experienced legal team at Priale & Racine, PLLC today. We have built our practice by assisting people in need of legal assistance and have helped people just like you bring their injury claim to a successful conclusion.
It all starts by going over your case and exploring your options with an Alexandria personal injury lawyer. Simply call 703-272-3922 or use the online contact form below to arrange your free consultation.