Northern Virginia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In a matter of seconds, a motorcycle crash can leave you severely injured, and getting the compensation you need to recover can take years. Let a Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer speed up the process for you.
Of all the motor vehicle accidents that can take place on the road, motorcycle accidents are some of the most dangerous. Victims of these collisions face an increased risk of significant injuries because of the inequality of weight and power between motorcycles and other vehicles and the lack of a physical barrier to protect them from the crash.
If you were involved in a crash like this, you’re likely struggling to manage your physical injuries, medical bills, and the complex claims process all by yourself. Luckily, you don’t have to do it without help.
The attorneys at Priale & Racine, PLLC understand how tough these situations can be, and we are dedicated to helping accident victims find relief. We highly suggest hiring a Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer to help you with the claims process.
Fighting Negative Stereotypes
Dealing with the insurance company after your motorcycle accident is likely to be one of the most frustrating steps you’ll have to take. Not only will you likely face pushback from the insurers regarding your settlement value, but you may even find that they try to hold you accountable for the accident, even though you weren’t to blame.
It’s no secret that motorcycle drivers face negative stereotypes. Movies, television shows, and other media have turned these motorists into lawless bad guys or reckless drivers with no respect for the rules of the road or the safety of other drivers. We know that stereotype simply isn’t true.
But insurance companies are aware of these stereotypes and often try to use them to their advantage. To avoid paying your settlement, insurers may try to use these misperceptions to suggest that you were actually the one who caused the accident that left you injured.
Without the right legal guidance, you may find yourself the victim of yet another tragic situation. But with a Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer on your side, you will remain protected. Your attorney will gather all the right evidence and handle any pushback from the insurers to make sure you have the best chance possible of getting the insurance company to cooperate and pay your full settlement.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
An important part of winning compensation that can help you recover after your accident is understanding and explaining how the accident happened. Your Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer will likely rely on pieces of evidence to determine the true events.
This evidence may include the police report that was filed at the scene of the accident, video footage or photographs from nearby security or stoplight cameras, and statements from people who witnessed your crash.
Generally, the cause of your accident can be broken down into one of a few common categories that your Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer will have experience dealing with. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Another Driver’s Error – This is a rather broad category that can usually be broken down into more specific causes. Driver error may include speeding, texting while driving, make a left turn without the right of way, trying to change lanes without clearance, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Equipment Malfunctions – In some cases, your motorcycle accident may be caused by a malfunctioning part on your motorcycle or the other driver’s vehicle. This can include anything from the brakes to the tires or the engine. In these types of scenarios, your Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer would likely choose to go after the manufacturer of the defective part.
- Poor Road Conditions – Poor road conditions can refer to potholes, driveways, or parking lots that have not been properly taken care of after bad weather. They can also include a failure to provide proper warning when construction has taken place. If poor road conditions contributed to your crash, you might be able to name the entity responsible for maintaining road safety in your claim.
Typical Motorcycle Crash Injuries
Immediately after your accident, it’s crucial that you visit your doctor for a medical examination. This is a smart move for your health, but it also builds evidence for your motorcycle accident claim by providing medical records that document your injuries.
Some injuries that commonly result from motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Loss of a limb
- Head, neck, or spinal injuries
- Hearing or vision loss
- Partial or complete paralysis
What Your Claim Might Get You
When you’re facing a growing list of expenses related to your accident, you’re probably wondering what you might get out of your claim for compensation.
Without the help of a qualified attorney, accurately placing a value on your claim may be difficult. You may not even think to ask for certain damages in your settlement that you could end up needing down the line.
But when you work with a Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer, you can rest assured that he or she will know exactly what to name in your claim. Experience will help your lawyer determine which types of financial help you’ll need for a full recovery—both now and in the future.
Some of the damages your attorney may choose to name in your motorcycle accident claim include the following:
- Property damage
- Medical costs, including travel, doctor appointments, rehabilitation, medication, and more
- Compensation for any wages you may have lost due to time you had to take off from work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Reach Out to an Attorney
If you’re struggling to manage life after your motorcycle accident, you don’t have to handle everything alone. An experienced attorney with Priale & Racine, PLLC will make sure justice is upheld in your case and aggressively advocate for the compensation you need to recover.
To take the best first step toward receiving compensation, reach out to a Northern Virginia motorcycle accident lawyer today. Give us a call at 703-272-3922 or get in touch online via the contact form at the bottom of this page.