Fairfax Bus Accident Lawyer
After a bus crash, it’s important to get fully compensated for your injuries and losses. Find out how to proceed with your claim by working with a Fairfax bus accident lawyer.
There are many reasons to choose bus travel over driving yourself. Whatever your reasons, you expect to board a bus and arrive safely at your destination.
However, it’s an unfortunate fact that accidents happen with buses just as they do to other vehicle types. If you’ve been hurt in a crash with a bus, either as a passenger or other motorist struck by the bus, the consequences can be devastating. If you were not at fault for what happened, getting full compensation can be an uphill battle.
A Fairfax bus accident lawyer with Priale & Racine, PLLC can be an invaluable partner who will fight to get you every penny that you’re owed after a bus wreck.
Know Who Caused Your Bus Wreck
When you contact a Fairfax bus accident lawyer, the first thing you will do is review all the details of your case in order to determine who is at fault. There are several different entities who could be found liable after a collision, including the bus driver, a bus parts manufacturer, state or local municipalities who neglected to maintain roadways, and more.
Just a few of the scenarios that could have caused your bus accident include the following:
- Manufacturing Defect – If a part vital to the operation of the bus gives way, such as the brakes or steering, the manufacturing company may be found at fault for the crash.
- Drowsy or Distracted Driver – If the driver was engaged in any activity that took his or her mind off the road when driving, such as texting or eating, he or she could be found at fault. Drowsy driving poses an equally dangerous threat. Some busing companies may have compensation systems that reward drivers who drive many miles on little sleep. Ten to 20 percent of bus and large truck accidents involve drowsy drivers.
- Unsafe Road Conditions – If government entities do not maintain roadways to safe standards, the result can be dangerous conditions for buses that lead to wrecks.
Full Compensation for Bus Crash Injuries
Commercial buses are obligated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to carry liability insurance: 1.5 million dollars in coverage for buses that transport fifteen or fewer people and 5 million dollars in coverage for buses that transport more than fifteen people.
Buses owned and operated by public entities are somewhat different. Virginia operates under the doctrine of “sovereign immunity,” which means that “the king can do no wrong.” This principle can be utilized to shield government employees in the event of wrongdoing.
If you were involved in a bus crash with a public bus, it does not mean that you cannot file a personal injury claim. A Fairfax bus accident lawyer from our office can help you navigate the legal maze and work to get you the compensation you deserve.
We will take into account all the hardships imposed by your accident when determining a fair settlement amount. These may include both financial and non-economic damages:
- Current and future medical bills
- Vehicle repairs and replacement
- Lost wages and income opportunities
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
Contact a Fairfax Bus Crash Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a bus wreck, a Fairfax bus accident lawyer with Priale & Racine, PLLC can help. Contact us today at 703-272-3922 or use the online contact form below to arrange your free consultation.