Arlington Car Accident Lawyer
While it’s not easy to get properly compensated for the injuries and damages suffered in an auto wreck, it becomes distinctly possible when you work with an experienced Arlington car accident lawyer.
Whether you’ve had a fender bender or an accident which resulted in serious injuries and medical bills, a car accident can be a traumatic experience. An accident can leave you with physical disabilities, emotional trauma, and bills that never seem to stop coming. If someone else caused your collision, the aftermath can be even more infuriating to deal with.
After a serious car crash, it can be unsettling to learn that an insurance settlement may not cover all of your needs. Insurance companies are often more interested in maximizing their own profit margins than in granting full and fair settlements.
Knowing the right steps to take in order to begin the recovery process after an accident can feel impossible, but you don’t have to fight for your rights alone. An Arlington car accident lawyer from Priale & Racine, PLLC can be an invaluable partner in helping you get the settlement you deserve.
When the Insurance Company Calls, Be Skeptical
Possibly the biggest mistake crash victims make is assuming that the insurance company is on their side. This is almost never true, as the only side they’re interested in is the one that yields the best profit margins.
Any request for a statement and any settlement offer made should be viewed with a skeptical eye. They’ll use your words against you if they can, and you can bet that they’ll lowball you and leave you paying for crash-related expenses out of your own personal finances.
Instead, let your Arlington car accident lawyer handle them on your behalf. We’ll make certain that they only get the information that’s absolutely necessary so that your case is never put at risk.
Help with Any Type of Car Crash
No matter the type of car accident you’ve suffered, an Arlington car accident lawyer from our office can help you receive a full settlement. The type of crash is actually quite important to your personal injury claim, as it will form the starting point for the investigation into precisely who was at fault.
Various types of car accidents can include any of the following:
- T-Bone Accidents – Side-impact collisions occur when the front of one car collides with the side of another car, often when one car does not make a proper stop at an intersection. As the sides of cars often lack protections such as bumpers and airbags, T-bone accidents can cause significant injury.
- Sideswipe Accidents – When two cars are traveling alongside one another and their sides make contact, a sideswipe accident occurs. Sideswipes are common on interstate ramps.
- Rear-End Collisions – A rear-ender may occur if one car is following another too closely and the first car makes a sudden stop. Whiplash is an injury commonly associated with this type of wreck.
- Head-On Collisions – Head-on collisions, which occur when the front ends of two vehicles collide, are especially dangerous and often result in significant injury or death.
- Rollover Accidents – Vans and SUVs are most susceptible to rollover accidents, which occur when a vehicle rolls over onto its top, possibly several times. Rollovers are often single-vehicle crashes, but that doesn’t mean you were at fault. A poorly designed vehicle, another driver who ran you off the road, or a badly made corner could all have played a role.
Determining Fault for Your Wreck
The first step toward getting a fair settlement after your accident is determining fault. Virginia law follows the principle of contributory negligence. This means that if you are found to have contributed to your accident by any measure, you will not be eligible for a settlement. This makes it essential to prove you were not responsible—something the other side will be actively seeking to push onto you so that they don’t have to pay you.
Your Arlington car accident lawyer will determine fault and represent your rights aggressively. There are any number of ways that another motorist might have caused your crash:
- Speeding – As a form of reckless driving, a speeding driver can and should be held responsible for his or her poor decision.
- Distracted Driving – Any driver whose attention is not on the road is a distracted driver—and a menace to everyone else on the road. Common distractions include texting, eating, and arguing with passengers.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving is a criminally negligent behavior that endangers all other motorists.
- Drowsy Driving – Drowsy driving, while dangerous, is alarmingly common. While commercial drivers are often involved in these wrecks, night-shift workers and anyone else working long hours could also be suspect.
Virginia’s statute of limitations states that you have two years from the time of an accident to file a claim. It’s important not to wait too long to begin legal proceedings so that you may receive the full compensation you’re owed.
Know How Much Money You’re Entitled To
While the insurance company may offer only enough to cover immediate needs, an Arlington car accident lawyer from our firm will understand how significantly a car wreck can affect all areas of your life.
When determining your claim’s value, we will work with you and your doctor to discover and assess all of your damages and expenses:
- Current and future medical bills
- Car repairs or replacement
- Funeral costs for lost loved ones
- Lost wages and diminished earning ability
- Physical or emotional therapy
- Emotional trauma
- Damage done to your marriage and personal relationships
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
The days and weeks after a car accident can be tumultuous and isolating. The road to physical, emotional, and financial recovery can seem impossibly long. However, you don’t have to go through this time alone. An Arlington car accident lawyer can work to get you financial compensation and partner with you to bring your claim to a successful resolution.
Contact an Arlington Auto Wreck Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, an experienced legal team can walk with you through the aftermath. Priale & Racine, PLLC takes pride in helping injured crash victims go toe-to-toe with the insurance companies and come out with the settlement they’re entitled to.
Don’t let an insurance company convince you that your claim is worth less than it really is. Instead, contact an Arlington car accident lawyer and schedule a free consultation to discuss your case in detail. Just call 703-272-3922 or use the online contact form found at the bottom of this page.